https://www.bryley.com/wp-content/uploads/logo-340-300x79.png 0 0 Gavin Livingstone https://www.bryley.com/wp-content/uploads/logo-340-300x79.png Gavin Livingstone2013-12-10 10:15:102017-02-20 14:18:165 Facts About Malware
5 Facts About Malware
One of our folk compiled this brief list on malware issues:
- Vulnerabilities in Java are the #1 exploited vulnerability. (Java is a popular, computer-programming language used in web-based applications.)
- One of the main causes of malware is “Drive-By Downloads” where all you have to do is browse a website or click on a website from a search engine (Google, Yahoo, Bing, etc.) and you are downloading an infection.
- Sales, R&D, HR, and other, multi-user email-boxes are targeted by malware distributors since these recipients are the most customer-facing employees; they typically have busy mailboxes and are accustomed to receiving a lot of email and opening it. They are also accustomed, as part of their jobs, to regularly downloading attachments (resumes, pdfs, etc.).
- 88% of attacks are on non-government (private) entities.
- Small businesses with less than 250 users are the most-targeted group.
Are you curious about how to avoid any of these common vulnerabilities? A member of our staff would be more than happy to discuss the steps you can take to secure your data.