The WRCC Ambassadors visited Tower Hill Botanic Garden in Boylston, MA on May 3rd. Gavin Livingstone, President of Bryley Systems, is the Chairman of the WRCC Ambassadors. He is pictured in the front row, 3rd from the right.
Joann Vieria, Director of Horticulture, was our host. She provided some information:
- Tower Hill is located on 132 beautiful acres with two, large (4000sq’) greenhouses, an education center, outdoor gardens with fountains, walking trails, and views of Mount Wachusett and the Wachusett Reservoir.
- Core values include:
- It was founded in 1986 by the Worcester County Horticultural Society, which originated in downtown Worcester in 1842.
- Tower Hill hosts indoor and outdoor events and programs year-round, from weddings to flower shows to Tai Chi to gardening classes.
- It has several, pet-friendly times, permitting leashed-pets and their owner access to walking trails during specified, non-peak hours.
- Tower Hill is volunteer-oriented; volunteers maintain the grounds, man the receptions areas, and present educational programs with only seven, permanent, grounds-based staff.
- Affordable memberships start at $25/year (Student) and include access to facilities and most events.