https://www.bryley.com/wp-content/uploads/logo-340-300x79.png 0 0 Gavin Livingstone https://www.bryley.com/wp-content/uploads/logo-340-300x79.png Gavin Livingstone2012-08-27 18:35:152018-07-03 11:08:38Windows Server options
Windows Server options
Microsoft Windows Server 2012 will be released September 4th. Microsoft streamlined server-edition options to four and discontinued Home Server, Small Business Server, and Enterprise Edition.
Windows Server 2012 editions:
- Foundation – Up to 15 users; OEM-only, so purchased with hardware
- Essentials – Up to 25 users with cloud-enablement features
- Standard – Unlimited users; includes two virtual instances
- Data Center – Unlimited users and virtual instances
- Windows Small Business Server (SBS) 2011 will be discontinued on June 30, 2013. To get SBS functionality, you will need to purchase Windows Server and Exchange Server separately. (Software Assurance, Microsoft’s maintenance option, for SBS has been discontinued as of July 31, 2012.)
- Windows Enterprise Server has been discontinued
- Windows Home Server has been discontinued
Specific editions with pricing are noted atWindows Server 2012 Editions.