Bryley Systems is a Managed IT, Cloud, and Security Services Provider with clients in New England and across the continental United States. We have been fulfilling the IT needs of organizations since 1987 with a focused, client-friendly, approach. We are recognized internationally as a top-501 MSP, and locally by the Boston Business Journal, the Worcester Business Journal, our partners, and our clients with awards for service excellence. We currently seek an Information Technology Services Field Engineer to provide exceptional client service and satisfaction in all aspects of our day-to-day business. The ideal candidate will be an experienced, flexible, self-starter, capable of assisting end-user clients and team members to solve complex, IT issues remotely and at client locations.
Essential Functions of the job will include but are not limited to:
1. Build computer networks including but not limited to collaboration, design, preparation, planning and deployment, while also adhering to our company’s signature network design, products, and security policies.
2. Utilize IT experience and knowledge to assess problems, research and apply potential fixes for end-user issues to limit the impact to the end-user and resolve in an efficient manner, either traveling onsite to the client’s location, or assisting remotely.
3. Set & manage expectations for clients while working on issues. Interpret the importance and impact to the client and maintain a calm and positive attitude during stressful events.
4. Implement, maintain, support, design and troubleshoot computer-networks that include server(s), virtual machines, router(s), firewall(s), switch(es), wireless access points, etc. for our clients with basic security measures in mind.
5. Perform/Initiate written and verbal communications to/from clients and frequent update them on progress in addressing /issues. Effectively and professionally communicate with co-workers, direct managers, and other staff.
6. Support end-user operating systems including Windows, Android, & MAC/iOS devices including virtual window servers using VMWare.
7. Support business applications including MS Office, Office365, and others.
8. Provide extensive LAN/WAN/WLAN connectivity.
9. Assist and support team members on projects and deployments.
10. Manage time & service tickets (documentation).
11. Participate in our after-hours, on-call rotation approximately for one week every 6-7 weeks.
12. Handle special assignments outside of daily functions as needed.
1. High School Diploma or Equivalent. Technical education and/or certification preferred.
2. Three years of computer-network engineer experience and at least two years of client-service experience.
3. Detail oriented with the ability to document complex technical cases.
4. Self-Motivated, adaptable to change and the proven ability to work collaboratively and professionally with internal and external customers.
5. High proficiency with a variety of IT applications and tools (Examples: ConnectWise, Kaseya, Acronis, Unitrends, McAfee, Webroot)
6. Knowledge and skills in:
- RMM Tools – Remote Management (Kaseya, Labtech etc.)
- PSA – Personal Service Automation (Connectwise, BMS, etc.)
- AWS/Azure and other Cloud Services
- Some MAC experience
7. High proficiency in diagnostics and troubleshooting in varied software including Sage, SQL, JobBoss, QuickBooks, CCH, E2, Sharesync, Sharefile, O365/Hosted Exchange, Microsoft Office, etc.
8. Ability to monitor network performance and security.
9. Strong work ethic and positive and professional attitude.
10. Ability to communicate in a clear, logical, and concise manner, both verbally and in writing.
11. Must have a dependable vehicle and a valid driver’s license and be willing to travel to client sites as needed.
12. Ability to lift, maneuver and carry 35-50 pounds.
Outstanding work environment and excellent benefits package!
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $69,000.00 – $75,900.00 per year
- Disability Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Professional Development Assistance
- Retirement Plan
Bryley Systems is following all Massachusetts and CDC guidelines for social distancing and cleanliness in the workplace.
- United States (Required)
- One location
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- A job for which people with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Monday to Friday
- On call
Email Resume or Apply on Indeed: