You depend on your IT systems every day, but how dependable are they really? If your company was subjected to a sudden loss of power could you keep working, or would business stop? What if the power didn’t come back on for several days, or even a week? Most importantly, have you already asked yourself these questions, and if so, do you have a written action plan to address them?
If you are at all unsure of how a disaster would impact your business, and how you might recover, here is a great little quiz to help you get the wheels turning.
1. How frequently are your company’s critical systems backed up? Is it more than once a day?
2. If your company lost power, would your systems keep running without any interruption?
3. In the event of a system failure, could your company’s data be restored to working order quickly?
4. If your company experienced a security breach, do you have a clean set of data backups available and could they be restored in a timely fashion?
5. Does your company have a fail-over site it could revert to if your primary systems become inaccessible?
6. Does your company have a written disaster recovery plan to refer to in case of emergency? If yes, do your employees know where to find it, and are they trained in implementing it?
If you were able to answer “yes” to these questions, congratulations! Your company is in relatively good shape in terms of its ability to cope with a disaster. If you answered “no” to any of the questions on this list, however, it would be a good idea to spend some time putting a plan together to address any gaps in your ability to recover from a disaster.
As a Managed IT provider, Bryley Systems specializes is helping companies plan for disaster and mitigate the risk of a loss of data. If you think you could use a hand putting together an effective disaster recovery plan, why not give us a call at 978.562.6077. We are here to help.